Letterpress Equipment Operator (R6749)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taycal is seeking a Letterpress Equipment Operator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. The Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating equipment and machinery to produce embossed, debossed, foil stamped, and die cut products.
- Operate equipment in accordance with established procedures and safety guidelines
- Set-up and adjust equipment settings to ensure job is produced correctly; troubleshoot equipment issues, as needed
- Read and interpret work order or job tickets; set up and run orders according to specifications listed
- Perform preventative maintenance on Kluge and Heidelberg Platen presses
- Knowledge of how to lock-up dies and cutting counters, if necessary, to ensure that registration of the printed product is achieved.
- Knowledge of how to use pressure and make-ready skills to achieve high-quality product
- Perform quality checks on product, as it is produced
- Monday – Friday, 6am – 2:30pm (1st Shift)
You Must Have:
- Experience operating a printing press
- Ability to read and comprehend basic English
- Attention to detail
- Trouble shooting skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read measurements on standard ruler
We Would Also Prefer:
- Printing experience on single sheet-fed equipment
- Knowledge of colors and how to mix inks
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taycal is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.