Business Data Analyst Intern (R8677)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Business Data Analyst Intern to play a key role in analytics development initiatives in our Custom Analytics space. The Analytics department at Taylor is an exciting corporate-sponsored start-up and the Strategic Analytics team is responsible for working with internal company stakeholders to build quick-turn analytical solutions, working in conjunction with our Enterprise Development team.
The Business Data Analyst Intern will touch all stages of our analytics implementation process, including client requirements gathering, upfront analysis, documentation, as well as data modeling and report development activities.
- Serve as the key point of contact for business stakeholders/clients; translate technical information into easy-to-understand terms for the business and translate business requirements into technical information for development staff.
- Facilitate discovery and subsequent requirements gathering/review sessions; validate requirements (data source systems, functional specifications, UI/UX expectations, etc.).
- Clearly and concisely document requirements and functional specifications, create mock-ups, prototypes, ad-hoc queries, and other artifacts to support requirements. Define metrics to be used, which metrics to track, how to measure them and in what way to collect the data.
- Translate new business requests into formal proposals, respective of team and process capacities including drafting, creating, and documenting statements of work, timeline and deliverable expectations, and the expressed scopes of work.
- Develop visualizations and reports grounded in statistical best practices that facilitate effective communication of results and key findings to internal customers.
- Educate users as to how to use and interpret the analytical dashboards.
- Perform gap analysis of current state and needed analytics application with assistance from the Analytics Manager, and in collaboration with Data Architects and Report Developers.
You Must Have:
- Understanding of relational database systems and understanding in querying and analyzing raw data for modeling and validation purposes.
- Mathematics/statistics abilities.
- Excellent writing, listening, and client-facing communication skills, including interacting at a director-level or higher; ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences.
- Experience building reports and dashboards in self-service reporting platforms (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Birst, etc.).
- Effective project management skills, ensuring adherence to client timelines and business needs; prioritization of efforts across clients.
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization, and solving problems.
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio); advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization (i.e. operations, finance, marketing, supply chain, etc.).
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience working with international development resources.
- Exposure to data warehousing, data modeling, predictive analytics, machine learning, process simulation, or optimization techniques, particularly as it relates to sales and marketing.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.