Temporary Digital Bindery Operator (R3960)
Curtis 1000 is seeking an Digital Bindery Operator to perform all finishing tasks involved in the production of Curtis 1000 products. This includes folding, stitching, punching, coiling, cutting, gluing and packing. Follow standard work methods and prescribed safety practices to ensure production is as efficient and as safe as possible.
- Monday - Friday, 3rd Shift, 10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
- Read job ticket to ensure all required work is performed on each job.
- Cut to size, stitch, punch, coil, cuts, fold, glue, or otherwise finish the product according to job ticket instructions.
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished products into correct packages and boxes.
- Examine finished products for quality assurance.
- Report defective materials or questionable quality issues to the department Supervisor or Lead.
- Place finished goods on the designated location.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required to reduce problems, maintain quality, and minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Maintains the work area, tools and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- The minimum education required for this position is a High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or work-related experience.
- The minimum related language skills required for this position is the ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and follow directions.
- This position requires an ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and other forms of simple math to analyze, and interpret general business and numerical data.
- Use basic hand held tools such; rubber straps, plastic bags, plastic packaging clamshells, cardboard boxes, tape dispensers, and other materials necessary to the production and packaging of Curtis 1000 products.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to the following operations necessary to finish products: punching and stitching machines, coiling machines, cutters, and other bindery equipment.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
“Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.”