Director of IT, Software Engineering (R3914)
Taylor Technology Services is looking for a Director of IT – Software Engineering to lead technical/product development and delivery initiatives on our eCommerce platform Pictavo. The Director will lead the process of building and maintaining the Pictavo platform and entire ecosystem that supports customer requirements. Pictavo is our flagship solution for enabling schools to design, build and print class yearbooks.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in managing complex technology driven transformation initiatives. The candidate must be comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure, driving a formal change management process, and providing concise executive level communication.
This position is a role for a seasoned technology leader capable of juggling the high profile deliverables. A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/product program management, people management, functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, processes, and change management.
- Leading teams of technology specialists to plan, build, service and support the platform
- Working closely with the business, marketing and sales teams to understand customer requirements and translate them in to a Pictavo platform roadmap
- Lead the analysis of value to cost for platform feature/function expansion
- Lead the effort to expand the platform for capacity and performance
- Create internal partnerships our internal security, compliance, hosting, and off shore services
- Create external partnerships with our customers to optimize the user experience
- Manage a $1 - $2 million budget for platform delivery
- Manage product load and performance testing with assistance from other stakeholders
- Ensure PDF accuracy from the UI all the way thru to manufacturing
- Evaluate our competitor’s technology to keep us current in the industry
- Ensure compliance to industry privacy and data security regulations
- Ensure quality and timely product releases with solid communication of change
- Prepare and present operating plans to executive board
- Communicate value and spend scenarios to executive leadership
- Provide clear updates on progress towards goals to multiple levels of the organization including on and offshore teams
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Ten years of diverse experience in multiple areas of technology of which at least four years in a leadership position managing technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and business for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and come up with requirement documentation, as well as help create saleable POC experiences. Able to perform end-to-end business process analysis to identify gaps and come up with improvements.
- Verifiable experience with architecting application, systems or products using agile & iterative practices.
- Requires solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment from conception to successful implementation
- Experience in an Agile environment, familiarity with agile sprint methodology and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems, and support to come up with integrated product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to identify cost savings and efficiency paths to reduce time and funding for each client engagement and product delivery.
- Must be able to exercise critical and rational thinking to identify alternate solution, strengths & weakness of each options, documenting and discussing them with stakeholders to inform decisions.
- Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
- Must have experience in architecting and hands-on implementation experience with modern technologies stack.
- Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- Microsoft ASP.net/C# and development studio suite
- SQL sever
- HTML 5
- App Dynamics and Microsoft Load testing tool suite and performance testing
- Microsoft development suite
- Fogbooks or other ticketing tools
- PDF creation
- Multi-browser compatibilities
- Graphic Design experience a plus
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.