Equipment Operator I (R1731)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a branch company of Taylor Corporation, is looking for a new 2nd shift Equipment Operator to join the team! With this opportunity, you will learn new mechanical skills while working in a supportive environment. While with Curtis 1000, you will have access to our full benefits package, PTO, and plenty of overtime opportunities! We look forward to getting to know you!
- Cut to size, fold, stitch, punch, coil, cuts, glue, or otherwise finish the product according to job ticket instructions.
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Pack finished products into correct packages and boxes.
- Examine finished products for quality assurance.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required to reduce problems, maintain quality, and minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Follow standard work methods and prescribed safety practices to ensure production is as efficient and as safe as possible.
- Monday through Friday 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
You Must Have:
- The minimum education required for this position is a High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or work-related experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and follow directions.
- Use basic hand held tools such; rubber straps, plastic bags, plastic packaging clamshells, cardboard boxes, tape dispensers, and other materials necessary to the production and packaging of Curtis 1000 products.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Mechanical or operations experience.
- Basic mathematical aptitude.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.