Quality Assurance Supervisor, 2nd Shift (R6665)
Are you looking to grow your professional career in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate professionals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Quality Assurance Supervisor, 2nd Shift, located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures and supports to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and lead a team of FSQA technicians and a labeling clerk.
- Manage FSQA labor and overtime on second shift.
- Assist operations in obtaining metric goals.
- Assist in customer service, claim investigations and quality reports
- Ensure that all regulatory monitoring records meet regulations 9 CFR 417.3 and 416.15.
- Ensure all quality, sanitation and food safety requirements are met.
- Communicate with the operations staff and provide feedback on quality and regulatory monitoring.
- Communicate with the FSQA management team on all quality or regulatory issues.
- Liaison with the USDA staff and communication with shift management as well as senior leadership on regulatory issues.
- Ensure proper lab sampling is conducted, turned into the lab for testing.
- Prepare shift quality reports, review regulatory documents from first and second shift, conducting pre-shipment reviews and ensuring compliance with regulatory programs.
- Any other duties or projects assigned by FSQA management.
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- Previous experience with food safety systems, quality systems and experience as an FSQA technician is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Animal Science, Food Science, Business Management or other related science degree preferred but not a prerequisite requirement.
- Good communication skills
- Willing to work any shift or weekends
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with statistics, specifically statistical process control
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and regulatory agencies
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune.
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.