Sr. Estimating Analyst (R7671)
Let Us Power Your Potential!
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Precision Press, a Taylor Corporation company, is looking for a Sr. Estimating Analyst to join their team in North Mankato, MN! As a Sr. Estimating Analyst, you will be responsible for the quick and efficient processing of quotes based on requests from our internal team and our customers. You will also be responsible for working closely to build and maintain internal and external customer relationships at all levels within our organization, including providing support to sales and customer service organizations by reviewing order specifications as needed. This position will play a strategic role by reviewing opportunities and providing pricing strategies and direction.
Your Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Daily interaction with operations around execution of costing models.
- Develop and/or maintain standards of operation (SOPs) in conjunction with the General Manager and Production Manager to accomplish these goals effectively.
- Develop and maintain metrics that drive the growth of plant work, mix and margin of business as well as win ratios in line with company objectives.
- Ensure proper and useful visual standard metrics are in place and up to date.
- Ensure best practices and act as the first-line tactical resource to address vendor performance issues and escalate accordingly.
- Analyze vendor pricing and negotiate vendor cost and provide direction as to best methods of print production and best value vendors.
- Manage contract renewals, assist with the generation of proposals and assist with the development of the pricing strategy.
- Monitoring our system and applying pre-established pricing programs to customer requests using pricing databases and online quoting tools
- Collecting information for proper quotations from other functions as needed
- Answering questions on product choices and options as well as providing suggestions to customers on other products and/or services to increase their awareness on the solutions we offer and increase business
- Provide back-up support to our sales and customer service organizations by reviewing order specifications and/or processing orders received as needed
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- Understanding of production expenses, cost center rates, run rates for all equipment, all manufacturing steps.
- Knowledge of financial statements and how estimating impacts revenue and profits. Sharp financial acumen.
- Mathematical aptitude and ability to interpret numerical data
- Understanding of typical costing approaches/methodologies.
- Proficient in Excel and other basic computer programs
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills with a preference in Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or GED
We Would Also Prefer:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance and 5 or more years of experience in the field is preferred.
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information to a wide variety of audiences both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to provide and support a vision and direction.
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo when seeking improvements.
- Knowledge and understanding of printing products, production equipment capabilities, manufacturing processes, production rates, and materials
- Knowledge and experience with Production Coordination/Customer Service responsibilities
- Previous experience with Estimating and Order Entry processes
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Precision Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.