Customer Service Representative - Sales Support (R6933)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a Taylor Corporation company in Byron, MN, is seeking a Customer Service Representative to successfully support our sales representatives and customers for a variety of customer-related issues which include effectively resolving inquires in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- 1st shift; Monday – Friday 8a – 5p with some OT opportunities.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Act as a dedicated (but not exclusive) CSR for every account or assigned Sales Representative.
- Anticipate internal and external customers’ needs whenever possible and respond quickly and accurately.
- Document and maintain SOP’s as needed for accounts including processes between customer and operation center.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Receive complaints via phone from the sales representatives and/or customers and document details in operating system.
- Monitor inventory levels and issue purchase orders as necessary to ensure product availability for customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with the personal and stylistic differences of internal and external customers.
- Represent the company and its products in a courteous and professional manner.
- Partner with sales representatives to build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Provide back-up territory coverage (via phone) in the Sales Representatives’ absence.
- Calculate price, discount, sales representative's commissions, and shipping charges as required.
- Assist in editing, order entry overflow, and/or production during peak periods.
You Must Have:
- A high school degree or GED (general education degree) and 2+ years of previous customer service or customer support experience.
- Effective written communication skills and the ability to create short correspondence and memos for a variety of audiences.
- Effective verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization in person or via phone.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
We Would Prefer:
- Excellent problem solving, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of company product and services; Technical print knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of customer service such as estimating, order processing, order editing, outside vendor (mill) relations.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.