Product Specialist (R7794)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: The Occasions Group, a subsidiary of Taylor Corporation, is seeking a Product Specialist to help us grow our social print and manufacturing business by filling a research and development role on our Sales Team. In this role, you will be responsible for fully understanding our business and the needs of our current and future customers. The Product Specialist is a solutions leader with a critical role on our sales team, bringing fully fleshed out products, programs and solutions we can sell to our many B2C retail partners. From ideation and research to pricing and operational readiness, you will own it all!
- Product development and product innovation
- Staying abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure competitive position
- Finding new opportunities – may be new products, new retailers, new markets, new partnerships
- Interface with strategic account managers and clients to determine programs’ opportunities and solutions to present
- Program analysis and development for our products placed in major US retailers
- Collaboration with other areas within The Occasions Group as well as other Taylor companies on product and program development
- Costing and pricing new solutions
- Competitor intelligence
- Work with marketing leader to develop sales materials
- This is a “push” position: the expectation is that in addition to taking the lead on previously identified opportunities and working with the business development leaders on brainstorming new opportunities, this individual will need an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership of the responsibility to come up with new ideas and opportunities to bring to the sales team.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5+ years in a product development or business development role
- The ability to travel two to three times per year
- Self-motivation to drive initiatives – sensing what is next and pursuing without waiting for direction
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Capacity to understand the multiple ways we go to market in print and manufacturing industries, including production capabilities and backend system technologies
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong teamwork mindset
- Strong written, verbal, and & digital communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Previous experience in the print or manufacturing industry
- Once we are back in the office, the ability to be onsite with the team in North Mankato 2-3 times per week
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more!
The Occasions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.