Safety Manager (R6666)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate professionals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Plant Safety Manager located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Creates, supports and implements strategies to establish and improve safety compliance.
- Supports site safety management systems.
- Educates employees in proper safety procedures, safe work practices and policies.
- Develops, evaluates and recommends process and equipment changes and improvements to maximize safety and improve environmental impacts of operations.
- Administers, monitors and audits safety and health programs to ensure OSHA compliance. Completes annual review on each program. Assists with injury/illness prevention and correction.
- Leads proactive efforts in air monitoring to ensure compliance with standard practices.
- Conducts root cause analyses and preventative/corrective action follow-up.
- Conducts job hazard analysis for ergonomic improvements and soft tissue injury prevention.
- Monitors and reviews accident investigation reports and ensure appropriate follow up; participates in claim reviews, mediations, and hearings; reviews workers compensation costs and monitors claims. Provides quality health care to employees to reduce workers compensation costs, absenteeism and turnover.
- May provide training to the occupational health nursing staff, production employees and management.
- In the absence of key personnel the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Safety Management or related field from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 3+ years' relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with or knowledge of OSHA and Workers’ Compensation; with prior experience in the food industry a plus.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate needs, forecast conditions, set goals/standards and measure results.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune.
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.