Mechanic Technician II (R2929 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in Dallas, TX to perform machine work to condition or re-condition label presses and equipment by machining simple to complex parts for our production equipment using various machine shop equipment such as: lathe, mill drill press, grinding, and saw. Responsibilities include helping to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on presses and other plant equipment as assigned.
7 p.m. to 7 a.m., 12-hr shift (alternating 3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
- Identify and repair in a timely manner. Adjust work schedule to handle equipment breakdowns while minimizing production downtime.
- Proficient with reading mechanical drawings
- Custom tool design experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on priorities a must
- Troubleshoot related processing problems (e.g. roller settings, static interference, etc.) and coordinate with operator to resolve.
- Operate precision equipment to perform repair of equipment (e.g. lathe, milling machine, arc welder, drill press, band saw, etc.)
- Perform preventive and routine equipment maintenance according to established schedules.
- Complete required paperwork (work orders, equipment logs, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Require 5 years minimum machinist-related experience.
- Production experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Math skills including shop math (decimals, fractions, percentages and linear scales)
- Ability to read
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electricity, electronics, and related measuring equipment
- Proficient with manual machining, including vertical milling, lathe, drill press, and surface grinder.
- Proficient in calculating speeds and feeds
- Must have exceptional workmanship to +/- 0.002 tolerance
- Prefer press/label operator experience and experience with computerized/mechanical equipment
- Prefer machinist experience
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.