Senior Software Developer (R7814)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions is looking for a Sr. Sofware Developer/Programmer with 10+ years mainframe experience utilizing COBOL, VSAM and other mainframe tools. Experience in DOS/VSE environment preferred; Quikjob experience is a plus. Mainframe conversion experience highly desirable.
- Learn and maintain legacy systems
- Develop and support custom applications
- Coding fixes and new software development
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages
- Familiarity with standard development techniques (SDLC, OOD)
You Must Have:
- 10+ years mainframe experience utilizing COBOL, VSAM and other mainframe tools
- Seeking self-starter with unyielding work ethic and motivation to learn a competitive business.
- Excellent communication/documentation skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Customer Service oriented
- Strong analyzing and problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive Team Member
We Would Also Prefer:
- Print and mail experience
- Experience in DOS/VSE environment; Quikjob a plus. Mainframe conversion experience highly desirable.
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.