Quality Inspector I (R6058)
Prime Pork is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician I. QA Technicians will perform auditing for quality, food safety, sanitation, safety and yield opportunities. Technicians need to be able to work in the hot side or cold side of the plant, have some computer skills and be willing to learn all of the jobs and duties within Quality Assurance.
- Perform Quality, Food Safety, Sanitation and Safety audits.
- Communicate with all levels of management audit results.
- Perform pre-operational inspections and operational duties.
- Assist the plant production team in achieving metric goals.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a QA technician.
- Good counting/ basic math skills.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Willing to work any shift or weekends.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Ability to sit, stand, squat, walk, bend, grasp, lift, kneel, climb, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm™ Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com