Quality Assurance Specialist (R8378)
Start a career with us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist in Jeffersonville, IN to maintain good manufacturing practices and a food-safe environment, in line with customer and regulatory expectations. The position is responsible for maintaining records, certifications, work instructions, and all other items needed to support a FDA registered food facility.
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Maintain FDA Certificate of Registration for human and animal food items.
- Achieve and maintain an up-to-date certification in line with FSC22000 requirements.
- Ensure all facility related controls are maintained such as climate controls, pest controls, and security controls.
- Ensure all food related quality issues are fully documented and remediated in-line with customer and FDA regulations.
- Maintain all Quality Management System records are up-to-date.
- Perform full root cause and corrective action for FDA related quality issues.
- Coordinate with Safety Manager to ensure all hazardous or toxic materials are stored and used properly.
- Coordinate with management and the frontline to ensure all training programs are up-to-date and in-line with FDA and customer expectations and that training records are maintained.
- Maintain a hygienic working environment, in-line with Good Manufacturing Practices and customer expectations.
- Develop and maintain and an audit schedule to ensure all key areas of the operation are maintained.
- Develop and maintain a WBS Security Audit Grid to ensure all food related security protocols are maintained.
- Perform CARVER+Shock, TACCP, and FDA Food Defense Plan verifications.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific food defense plans.
You Must Have:
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Maintain any required certifications or skills related to FDA and customer expectations.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer focus and ability to work directly with customer to collaborate as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong process and organizational skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently
- Flexibility to perform a variety of job assignments.
- Complete all necessary training regiments to achieve any needed level of certifications.
- Strong team-oriented
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
Taylor Communications is a recognized leader in the healthcare, financial services, retail and industrial markets. With over a century of expertise and a solutions-driven portfolio, the company helps its customers advance their reputations through improved communication with consumers, patients, employees and other stakeholders.
As a foundation for success, the Taylor Communications Advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top 3 personalized marketing solutions providers in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 12,000+ employees are located across North America, Europe, Bulgaria China, India, and the Philippines, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.