Equipment Operator (R4962)
Taylor Communications is seeking an Equipment Operator to work in our Monroe, NC location. The position is responsible for automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation. Equipment may be related to process such as: cutting, binding, finishing, mailing, engraving and/or imprinting on product.This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to gain knowledge, experience, and advancement opportunities, as well as the desire and passion for providing top-notch quality and service.
Actual duties may vary depending on the needs of the functional area.
Shift Available: Mon - Fri 10:00pm - 7:30am
- Operates equipment and machinery used for processes such as packaging, bindery, finishing and print production not requiring highly specialized training or certifications.
- May do setups, adjustments and cleanups. At higher levels may include equipment with multiple inline processes.
- Operates equipment in accordance with established procedures and safety guidelines. Reads and interprets work orders, blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, within quality guidelines and in a timely fashion.
- Pull appropriate amounts of stock for various orders
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a US citizen
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and challenging environment
- Ability to discern between different shades of color and to pick out fine details
- Ability to understand verbal and written instruction
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to learn and utilize computer programs for order processing
- Strong team player with a positive attitude towards work and others
- Basic math and problem-solving skills required
- Production experience preferred, but not required
- Mechanically inclined a plus, but not required
- Willing to look at new and innovative ways to improve methods and processes
About Our Company:
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and holiday pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.