Release/DevOps Engineer (R3364 )
Taylor Healthcare, a group of the larger Taylor Communications company is seeking an additional Release/DevOps Engineer to join our Dayton, OH based team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining our development pipelines, test/deployment automation, maintenance of our servers and services in support of development and production systems that support our healthcare clients. You will use many tools and help Taylor Healthcare incorporate them into our day to day operations.
- Work with our existing pipelines and create new pipelines to enable development and operations to build and deploy our applications
- Be ready to bring new automation technologies and processes to bear to improve the quality and resiliency of our engineering efforts
- Own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools and processes
- Assist us with ensuring the visibility of applications and infrastructure performance via monitoring, setting thresholds and alerting
- Create, maintain and improve development, QA and production environments/pipelines for the Taylor Healthcare suite of applications both on-premises and when deployed to our cloud vendors
- Work with development, integration, support and IT teams to ensure requirements are met and assist with the development and adherence of standards and processes related to working in cloud and traditional on-premises infrastructure
- Have effective oral and written communication skills, interfacing with internal peers and first level management group
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to write/modify scripts and programs within deadlines and in conformance to standards
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps tools and release engineering experience
- 4+ years of general IT experience
- Solid understanding of the Microsoft application development/hosting stack, i.e. .Net Framework/Core, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, IIS, etc.
- Strong scripting skills with PowerShell, Bash, Windows Batch, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure service offerings, specifically PaaS offerings such as Azure Web Apps and Azure Kubernetes Services
- Solid understanding and experience with web services/applications, database technologies and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Familiarity with infrastructure/pipeline-as-code and best practices (Terraform, Chef, Puppet)
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft development and build tools, Visual Studio, MSBuild, TFS, etc.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Terraform (or other infrastructure as code tools)
- Experience with C#/.Net development and applications
About Our Company:
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.