Quality Inspector (R5185)
Taylor Communications is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to work in our Fort Worth, Texas location. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to process development or production personnel by assisting with documenting and evaluating existing processes, as well as performing audits, inspections, sampling and testing of materials, products, processes and quality control programs.
- Sunday- Thursday (Overtime may be required)
- Using your eye for detail to verify that final work product (statements and letters), with the written instructions to ensure that they meet production standards
- Examine material by confirming required manufacturing or industry specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Able to explain to operators and supervisors how the product doesn’t match the clients instructions
- Walking around to different machines to verify the accuracy of jobs
- Cross – Train in different departments to further develop your skills (postal, shipping, hand table)
- Report problems or concerns with quality results with senior management immediately
- Ensure that items that go out the door, are 100% accurate
- Input data into the production data base
- Learn about our production process and the role that the QA has
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months to 1 year printing experience in a production environment
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must have basic measuring skills- able to read a ruler and other measurement devices
- Must have basic problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills (open, save, print a file, enter data)
- Be able to work extended hours and weekends based on production schedule
- Able to lift/push/pull up to 40 lbs and to stand/walk an entire shift
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience within the print industry/fast paced high production environment
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.