Financial Analyst (R6052)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Amsterdam Printing is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Amsterdam.
Your Opportunity: Amsterdam Printing is looking for an energetic, professional, and highly-organized Financial Analyst with deep accounting experience. This opportunity will support the full cycle accounting/finance process for Amsterdam Printing and its affiliate companies. The Analyst supports several company entities in various aspects of the financial cycle including; month-end close, financial reporting, variance analysis and annual budgets. Reporting to the manager of Financial Analysis, this position is accountable to identify, communicate and perform accounting/finance, best practices according to GAAP. Responsibilities also include significant interaction with company entities leadership and financial teams.
- Performs month end close process, including preparation of necessary data required to be uploaded into the corporate financial system, reconciliation of various accounts and processing check and wire requests.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, including general ledger reconciliations
- Identifies, communicates and performs accounting best practices
- Performs various analysis
- Assists in preparation of company budgets
- Assists in projects as needed
- Assists in year-end audit and other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required with 3+ years’ General Ledger experience
- Some ERP experience helpful (Lawson Accounting System)
- Curiosity to understand processes and to help drive more accurate and timely reporting
- Willingness and capability to learn and to recommend improvements where needed
- Work independently and prioritize multiple assignments appropriately to meet deadlines in a changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting principles and practices with GAAP
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- PC literate, must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office products with proficiency in Excel
- Possess a consultative mindset that promotes improvements in operating effectiveness, efficiency and net income. Team player as well as an individual contributor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes, adapt to a fast paced, high stress and changing environment.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Manufacturing accounting experience
- Experience working with Direct Marketing companies
- Experience working with multiple systems and large databases
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Amsterdam Printing and Litho specializes in marketing promotional products, including pens and calendars, to their medium to small-sized customer base. APL focuses on guiding the customer with their purchases and provides a very high level of customer service.
Amsterdam Printing & Litho, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.