Financial Analyst (R7292)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking a Financial Analyst to work in Mankato, MN. The position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial guidance and analytics to all levels of management in order to inform key decision-making in pursuit of the company’s financial and operational objectives.
- Analyze, summarize and report financial performance, KPI’s and trends for operating companies and corporate shared services.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets, monthly forecasts and month-end reporting of actual results, including variance analysis to forecast and budget
- Understand business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business counsel to support accounting, finance, business units, shared services and other project teams across the enterprise.
- Conduct reviews of business processes and expenditures to convert into new ERP system and remove non-value add practices.
- Assist with report writing utilizing an excel add in program and develop reports in new ERP system.
- Provide business/financial analysis and decision support that allows management to evaluate alternatives, make fact-based decisions, and evaluate the consequences of decisions.
- Develop and prepare month-end performance dashboard and present results to COE leader or business partner.
- Perform month end financial close activities including preparation and/or review of variety of journal entries, reconciliations, analysis and reporting.
- Integral part of processes to drive standardization, refinement and maintenance of the accounting policies, practices, internal controls and operating procedures to ensure the integrity of the Company’s internal control structure.
- Leads projects and initiatives to optimize the effectiveness of existing business applications, technologies and systems, and to build efficiencies and improvements into current business processes.
- Key member of ERP implementation team.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related major
- 6+ years of experience in financial analysis or public accounting
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business processes in a broad context.
- Possess a positive, consultative mindset that promotes improvements in operating effectiveness, efficiency and net income. Proven track record of improving top and bottom-line results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes.
- Self-starter who can manage projects, analyze areas of greatest risk and review with business partner.
- Ability to prepare executive-level summaries, conclusions and recommendations based on detailed data. Equally as adept at searching, cleansing and compiling the necessary detailed data from multiple systems and sources.
- Ability to get results; can proactively and autonomously drive initiatives and projects from start to finish.
- Team player that thrives in both leader and individual contributor assignments.
- Highly curious; strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to drive issues to resolution.
- PC literate with a proficiency in excel and model building.
We Would Also Prefer:
- CPA, MBA (completed or in progress)
- Experience working with multiple ERP’s and large databases
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.