Sr. Human Resources Generalist (R7746)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a dynamic Senior HR Generalist to provide best-in-class business partner support to a designated internal customer segment. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging role and would like to be part of a close knit community of HR professionals, apply now!
Amsterdam Printing & Litho, Inc., a Taylor Company, has been a leader in the promotional product space for over 125 years. Amsterdam serves the small business customer with products that are used for customer retention, tradeshow giveaways, employee appreciation, new customer generation, brand awareness and new product launches. Amsterdam currently has operations in New York, Minnesota, Canada, Mexico and the Philippines however, the primary manufacturing facility and leadership team is based in Amsterdam, NY.
Reporting to an HR Manager, the successful candidate will have HR Generalist responsibility for supporting a defined business, with locations in multiple geographies. As a member of the Corporate Human Resources COE, the Senior HR Generalist contributes a high-level of energy to the implementation of Taylor Corporation’s people and organizational agenda. The ideal candidate must be able to deliver high-quality results through formal and informal influence of others. Success in this role is based upon being able to demonstrate clear value to the business by executing against key objectives; this will be accomplished through partnership & collaboration with key stakeholders within both assigned businesses and the HR COE.
- Anticipates and prevents employee issues and concerns where possible; addresses employee concerns and grievances in a swift and collaborative manner
- Administers HR and Company policies in a fair and consistent manner; provides positive counsel to employees and managers as needed
- Helps to drive employee recognition programs to create a high-level of employee morale
- Provides education and support to employees around benefits and payroll resources (HR Connect); collaborates with HRC Team and escalates issues appropriately
- Supports efforts to ensure high quality and on-time annual performance, salary planning and merit process
- Creates and fosters a culture of trust through positive interactions with employees and managers; maintains a consistent HR presence by conducting regular facility walk-throughs
- Actively participates in assigned HR COE Program Team(s); provides feedback and progress updates to Manager and HRLT sponsor as required
- Manages personnel files and any other HR-related administrative materials in a confidential manner; ensures filing is up-to date and reviewed/purged in accordance with Corporate Legal records retention policy
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, evaluates internal training needs; counsels’ management and employees on training options available through Workday Learning & Performance Tool
- Helps to build internal capability by addressing opportunities for development (stretch assignments, projects, etc.); understands and supports individual development needs and plans
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, partners with stakeholders to execute demand planning activity which anticipates hiring and capability needs for a given period of time
- Coordinates and complete elements of hiring process including I9 verifications, etc.
- Supports Talent Acquisition efforts by maintaining close internal partnerships; regularly attends recruitment update meetings and escalates any issues to HR Manager as needed
- Stays well-informed of regulatory requirements for the state of New York; liaises with HR Manager and Legal Team to ensure consistent compliance with local, state and federal mandates
- Proactively drives compliance with HR-related processes, programs and training
- Supports Talent Management activity aimed at building talent for the enterprise, including talent reviews, succession planning, college intern programs, job rotation, high potential programs, and career development/pathing
- Proactively participates in local communication & engagement plans, aimed at optimizing employee engagement and creating a positive and inclusive work environment; participates in community affairs activities, as needed
- Drives continuous improvement in all HR processes; takes a proactive approach to problem-solving by arriving to discussions with recommendations/solutions to issues at hand
- Assists with the coordination and completion of special projects and events, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE & CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline from accredited university
- 4 or more years of professional, progressive experience in Human Resources
- Proficiency and previous experience using HRIS and Applicant Tracking software is required (Workday experience is a plus)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; high-level of professionalism, EQ and presence when addressing individuals or groups
PREFERRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE & CRITICAL SKILLS:
- English to Spanish bilingual capability is highly preferred (speak/read/write)
- Prior experience providing HR support in a manufacturing or distribution business is highly preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification preferred
- Advanced degree is a plus
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Influencing & Engagement Skills – Ability to proactively engage and influence others at all levels, at times without formal authority. Confidence and ability to have critical conversations, if necessary.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – A team player with a great attitude and excellent customer service orientation; focused on delivering outstanding results to clients and the business, overall.
- Ethics & Integrity – High degree of personal integrity in all business dealings.
- Execution – Attentive to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver on accountabilities in order to help the business and the team be successful. Track record of high-performance.
- Anticipation – Ability to anticipate business and HR needs, issues and problems and be proactive in addressing such needs.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze information and make deductions based on information. Ability to track and report data, as needed.
- Business Acumen & Partnership – Demonstrated ability to understand the business and align HR activity to meet business and employee needs at both strategic and operational levels.
- Working Independently & Efficiently – Ability to work independently with strategic direction. Ability to work with a diverse, geographically-dispersed population.
- Edge – Well organized, ambitious, courageous; flexible but decisive, with the ability to communicate and effectively influence others.
- Emotional Maturity – Ability to withstand pressure and manage emotions effectively to create the right effect on people and organization.
- Energy – High positive energy to take on continuous and complex business challenges in a fast-paced environment. Persistence to drive to solutions despite obstacles and/or competing priorities.
- HR Functional Skill – General awareness, exposure, and understanding across most HR sub-disciplines.
- Judgment & Decision-Making – Ability to think through issues and make wise decisions, often without all facts and information or high levels of direction.
- Problem-Solving & Opportunity Identification – Ability to frame clear problem statements and use objective information and data to help solve complex business challenges and generate options and solutions for business leaders. Identify opportunities for HR to contribute value to the business.
- Computer Proficiency – Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; ability to learn and successfully navigate HRIS and Talent Acquisition tools.
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.