Distribution Center Supervisor (R8028)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Taylor Warehouse & Distribution is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to coordinate all Warehouse Duties at our Lithia Springs, GA, location. The position is responsible for Training New Employees, Forklift and Safety Training, and Manage Inbound and Outbound inventory.
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Training of all MHE (material handling equipment).
- Maintains favorable working relationships with employees to promote a positive working environment
- Lead, coach, mentor and motivate direct reports to achieve the optimum level of performance
- Monitor department budgets and approve budget expenses
- Records daily performance metrics: Quality – Production – On Time Performance and monitors the results to budget or goal targets
- Develop and implement department goals, communicates expectations, timelines, processes and performance feedback to department personnel
- Develop and implement consistent department procedures. Evaluating process methods for improvement
- Analyze production staffing levels to meet financial and production goals
- Establish work procedures, processes and standards that support company and department goals and objectives
- Implement and maintain safe work processes
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs
- Analyze work orders to estimate work hours and create schedules to meet both internal and external needs
- Provides performance feedback on an ongoing basis and writes and administers timely performance reviews
- Ensures that customer focus and service is a priority
- Supports LEAN process transformation and seeks continuous improvement development
- Communicates with other company leaders in cooperative planning and discussions
- Review and continuous documentation of work cell SOP’s to assist training
- Review and maintain Department supplies;
- Manage normal and exception inbound and outbound processes.
- Oversee Maintenance of the facility and MHE.
You Must Have:
- College degree or equivalent amount of experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in production/warehouse environment
- Strong analytical and computer skills including; Excel and Word
- Experience with budgeting, managing to a budget and P&L knowledge Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem solving/decision making abilities
- Experience with empowerment and agility
- Comfortable collaborating with other departments, leaders and teams to accomplish specific timelines and results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency and time constraints
- Organized and detail oriented
- 3-5 years, experience in Office /warehouse environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leadership roll
- Qualified to operate and train personal on all MHE
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Working in a real time inventory system.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines while working under pressure
We Would Also Prefer:
- Ability to effectively deal with and motivate others.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work full line of Microsoft office software including creating excel spreadsheets.
- Strong service orientation.
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Personal computer skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company:
Taylor Warehouse & Distribution is a Taylor Corporation company located in Lithia Springs, GA. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.