Shipping and Receiving Handler (R4969)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Handler in Dallas, Texas. This person will perform the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the warehousing operations. This position is responsible for the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items.
- Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 3pm
- May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts
- Maintains work area and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Loads and unload trucks, freight cars, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling devices
- Coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or work station to another, using motor vehicles, hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment
- Counts, weighs and identifies items and ensures they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped
- Picks, wraps, and packs products in boxes, cartons and other containers prior to final packing for shipment
- Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers
- Operates standard or specially designed machines to place or arrange products in cartons, bottles, boxes and other types of containers and the operation of labeling, weighing and sealing machines
You Must Have:
- Willing and able to operate equipment or machinery that is standard in a shipping or warehouse environment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Typically requires a minimum of 0-2 years of related / relevant experience to position or specialization
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization
- Requires an attention to detail
- Duties and tasks are standardized
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.