Accounting Supervisor (R8481)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Vectra Visual, part of Taylor Corporation, is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to support the company in various aspects of the financial cycle including; annual budgets, monthly variance analysis, forecasting, job costing, and financial reporting. Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and monitor annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and month-end reporting of actual results, including variance analysis to forecast and budget.
- Analyze, summarize and report financial performance, KPI’s and trends for operating and administrative companies to be presented to leadership team members.
- Provide business/financial analysis and decision support to management to allow valuation of alternatives, make fact-based decisions, and evaluate the results of decisions.
- Perform month-end financial close activities including preparation and/or review of the variety of journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, and reporting.
- Leads sales reporting, forecasting, and budgeting process, working with sales leaders.
- Leads projects and initiatives to optimize the effectiveness of existing business applications, technologies, and systems, and to build efficiencies and improvements into current business processes.
- Train, mentor, and manage accounting staff. Ensure staff is highly functioning and the team is motivated. Provide feedback, conduct performance reviews, and take corrective action when needed.
- Be a change agent.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years of progressive technical accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience with accounting principles and practices with U.S. GAAP
- Team builder – ability to develop, coach, and lead a strong, cohesive team
- Strong knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes
- Self-starter who can manage projects so that areas of greatest risk are reviewed and issues are covered with management
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management
- Highly curious; strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to drives issues to resolution
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel) as well as larger ERP systems
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Vectra Visual is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.