RPG Programmer (R8582)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Amsterdam Printing is currently seeking an experienced RPG / iSeries Programmer. We are seeking an experienced Programmer to join their team in leading the programming and testing for customizations and enhancements on their primary transaction processing system. All work will be done in RPG III, RPG ILE, Freeform, and on the iSeries (AS/400) platform.
- Working as an integral part of a small project team.
- Obtaining application enhancement requests and requirements from the business. The applications are all related to supply chain, transportation management, and logistics business needs.
- Coding and programming the application customizations and enhancements in RPG (RPG III, RPG IV, ILE, Free-Form RPGLE, etc.)
- Integrating Stored Procedures and service-oriented architecture (SOA) / IBM XML Commands.
- Collecting and analyzing data, suggesting improvements to interfaces that will automate or improve existing systems.
- Planning and executing integration and acceptance testing.
- Creating system documentation and user training materials.
- Working within an iSeries (or AS/400) environment.
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 8+ years of programming experience.
- Excellent background in RPG Programming (RPG III, RPG IV, RPGILE).
- Strong experience on the iSeries (or AS/400) platform.
- Knowledge of Change Management tools like Aldon.
- Adherence to coding standard and application standard.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience connecting to and communicating with web services.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in the analysis and documentation of software and system requirements and coordinate the development, implementation, and production of integrated technology systems.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with EDI and/or Promo Standards.
- Prior experience in the Promotional Products industry.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Amsterdam Printing is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.