Machine Operator for Brand New Facility (R4298)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a branch company of Taylor Corp, is seeking a new team player who is dedicated to creating good quality products for our customers! We are looking for someone who enjoys what they do and wants to be a part of a fun and growing team!
- Set up and adjust stitching and cutting equipment to collate and stitch signatures into books and brochures.
- Read job ticket to ensure equipment is set up according to specifications and all required work is performed on each job.
- Stitch, fold, or otherwise finish the product according to job ticket instructions.
- Utilize instructions and pre-established process and quality guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Examine finished products for quality assurance and report defective materials or questionable quality issues to the department Supervisor or Lead.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required to reduce problems, maintain quality, and minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Monday through Friday: 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM
You Must Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic bindery knowledge and skills to operate bindery equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and follow directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Use basic hand held tools such; rubber straps, plastic bags, plastic packaging clamshells, cardboard boxes, tape dispensers, and other materials necessary to the production and packaging of Curtis 1000 products.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience operating saddle stitcher.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.