Database Analyst (R4796)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Database Analyst to work in Bloomington, IL. The position is responsible for reviewing, evaluating, designing, implementing and maintaining company database[s].
- Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Imports data from a variety of sources and media and converts received data into usable formats that can be used with variable print software to produce customize print pieces.
- Writes codes for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
- Creates new or transformed data and identifies data relationships through various processes and algorithms.
- Creates and maintain business logic for multiple data sets including direct mail address processing and standardization: merge / purge, ACE and grouping multiple addresses into a single household and so forth
- Works with DBAs to design, correct and/or modify database schemas including creating tables and defining proper indexes and primary keys based on their entities, relations (normalization), expected volume and distribution of data.
- Collects specifications from project managers, sales staff, business analysts and account executives that support the overall customer program.
- Develops production schedules for use by production personnel.
- Develops applications that provide information to TC SCS internal departments.
- Develops queries, retrieves, manipulates and displays data from relational databases for the purpose of ad hoc reporting as requested by clients, account executives and other associated staff.
- Follow test scripts to test programs and processes to ensure they work properly and meet client requirements. Correct any problems encountered during testing.
- Provide technical documentation of applications including flow charts, specifications and end user documentation.
You Must Have:
- 1+ years industry experience including direct marketing, e-commerce, print, graphic design and insurance and financial services
- Or 1+ years in an internship relating to computer programming at TC SCS or similar business environment
- Well versed with MS SQL. Ability to write and understand complex SQL query
We Would Also Prefer:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of any data platform (ETL), especially Talend
- Ability to maintain C# / .NET applications
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.