Digital Print Operator (R7942)
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Venture Solutions, a Taylor Company, is seeking a Digital Print Operator to work in our Arden Hills, Minnesota location.
- 1st Shift 6am – 2pm
- Monday - Friday
- Operate digital printing devices such as Canon continuous printers and Xerox cut sheet printers
- Ensures that production deadlines are met
- Review job orders to determine quantities to be printed, paper specifications, colors, and special printing instructions for customers
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any adjustments needed
- Able to identify and complete orders of all sizes and levels of importance
- Multitask to run many machines at one time
- Complete all paperwork necessary to follow along with the job
- Ensures that the supplies are stocked; gather correct materials needed
- Learning about digital printing equipment and basic troubleshooting/maintenance
- Follow quality and training expectations as stated under ISO 9001 Certification
- Load and unload paper stock and set up print files
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- 6 months to 1-year experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Basic computer skills (open, close, print a file)
- Be team player and self-motivated
- Basic measuring skills- able to read a ruler and other measurement devices
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Be able to read, write, and communicate clearly to ensure accuracy and understanding of job ticket
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs and to stand for an entire shift (excluding breaks)
Would Also Prefer:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience within the mailing industry/fast paced high production environment
- Strong attention to detail and be comfortable working independently
- Be able to work extended hours and weekends based on production schedule
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.