Business Unit President (R7570)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: The Business Unit President is responsible for providing overall leadership to the Gift & Loyalty business, based in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. The role will report to the Group President of Commercial Print & Visual Communications for Taylor Corporation. The President's responsibilities include establishing short and long-term goals, ensuring profitability of the business, presiding over the workforce, managing budgets, ensuring the proper allocation of resources, and ensuring all departments meet their goals. The President is responsible for the overall performance of a $100 million business across three locations and over 400 employees.
To be successful in this role, you should have excellent leadership and decision-making skills. You should be innovative and entrepreneurial and have excellent financial and operational working knowledge.
Detailed essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and direct all aspects of the business’s policies, objectives and initiatives according to the mission of the organization
- Provide strategic planning and vision that guides the direction of the business
- Execution of plans to ensure the company is run efficiently and delivers profitability
- Hold business operations accountable to stakeholders and company policies
- Ensures the business meets budgeted financial goals and objectives.
- Draw out measurable short-term and long-term goals for the company and report on progress
- Continually plan ways to increase the company’s profitability and stay on top of progress
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape and note opportunities for expansion: customers, markets, new industry developments, investment, partnerships, alliances and mergers.
- Makes continuous improvement decisions regarding improving productivity, quality and efficiency of the business unit
- Develops policies and procedures for operational processes in order to ensure optimization and compliance with established standards and regulations.
- Evaluate the success of the organization: Using a set of strategically important measures to determine the ongoing success—or lack of it—that the organization is experiencing. Using non-measurable aspects of the work environment to gauge other aspects of business success.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
- Leadership skills – ability to lead and engage in all activities required in a rapidly changing environment focused on cost containment, revenue enhancement, and essential operating income performance.
- Team builder - ability to develop, coach, and lead a strong, cohesive team.
- Ability to build and grow relationships and organizational agility skills are paramount.
- Ability to communicate effectively from board room to plant floor, in small and large teams.
- Critical thinking and strong business & financial acumen.
- Possess a positive attitude and establish good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, motivational abilities, and the ability to find and retain talented employees.
- Financial and operational knowledge of various industries
- Ability to articulate and share a vision, the transmission of optimism, and the ability to obtain input and then, share purpose-driven goals.
- Radiate confidence and build effective relationships that inspire motivation, engagement and commitment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required.
- CPA, CMA, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen plus years’ experience in related field (Manufacturing experience is required) and leading large teams.
- International experience is preferred.
- Proven process improvement and change management skills and experience required.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.