IT Project Manager (R8359)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Print and Service Solutions is looking for an IT Project Manager. This person is responsible for managing all aspects from initiation through closing. Candidate will coordinate work performed by IT staff, internal and external partners by defining project requirements and performing feasibility and needs assessments. Often involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams. Applicants need to exhibit a high degree of leadership. IT Project manager IIs with Taylor routinely manage multiple multifaceted projects of all sizes that span multiple platforms, systems, business units, etc. and have significant impact to the larger organization.
- Be accountable to IT management and the Project Sponsor for leading the successful delivery of a project according to measures of scope, time, cost & quality.
- Provide business and/or technical leadership as needed for successful conduct of the project.
- Applying project management principles and techniques to multiple projects. This can include both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. These projects can be large and span multiple IT and business departments.
- Work with stakeholders and project team members to determine project needs, develop detailed project plans and schedules to achieve program goals.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans/schedules.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path with other IT and Project Managers.
- Work with sponsors and management to determine and acquire resources as needed.
- Manage team and individual deliverables ensuring they meet the defined timeline and quality.
- Manage assigned projects from start to close. Closing typically includes steps required to deliver business value and not just releasing code.
- Lead meetings at team and executive levels.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional teams and executives.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences.
- Lead and execute organizational change management.
- Lead team to standardize, simplify and ensure consistent processes, driving continuous process/system improvement.
You Must Have:
- 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of experience leading mid to large project teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Familiarity with multiple project management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide thought leadership delivery capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams including program management, process-oriented and IT.
- Ability to think independently and effectively, meet tight deadlines by managing multiple tasks/deliverables at varying complexities.
- Strong process mind-set, continuous improvement oriented to help drive methodology and outcomes.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Supply Chain, IT or other closely related field.
- PMP Certification.
- Experience with large, transformational ERP implementations.
- Experience with customer facing applications.
- Experience in print industry, supply chain, footprint/facilities, technology, or mergers/acquisitions.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Print & Service Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.