IT Program Manager (R3324 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking an IT Program Manager to join the technology team. The IT Program Manager is responsible for managing the movement to target technology for the enterprise wide operations function including manufacturing and warehousing. This role will serve as a liaison to pro-actively manage complex business requirements, dependencies, and solve issues working with subject matter experts while maintaining focus on company strategic objectives.
A strong candidate will have solid experience with technology program management, people management, leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, project/program management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done per approved governance plan and are communicated in an organized manner across levels. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects and dependencies.
- Serve as liaison between Taylor Corporation strategic business units, centers of excellence and technology teams.
- Collaborate with project managers and coordinate cross-project and program level activities.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI.
- Facilitate the process with business process owners to align and ensure workflow standards are held throughout implementation projects.
- Pro-actively resolve projects’ higher scope issues and resource conflicts before they negatively impact the program.
- Prepare and communicate program level updates from project managers in a clear and concise manner to business and technology leadership.
- Act as and own the success of the program.
- Manage the program’s pace of work with collaboration to ensure priorities and projects provide measurable value over time.
- Partner with Operations and Technology to plan and deliver to scope expectations.
- Ensures that commitments are properly aligned, planned, staffed, and monitored by working with the owners of individual project timelines.
- Proactively communicate risks to the program with leadership to manage mitigation and contingency plans.
- Set and own the standard for projects within the program across process, approach, artifacts, and communication.
- Able to apply various types of thinking including analytical, creative, implicative, strategic, tactical, and soft skills to drive results and navigate situations.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- 8+ years of experience in IT Project or IT Program Management or related duties.
- Experience managing large, complex, enterprise-wide programs in a matrixed organization in both waterfall and agile or combination.
- Experience using SharePoint, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and Office Timeline+
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or related managerial position.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze and interpret critical path, draw conclusions and prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations.
- Excellent program and project planning, budgeting, scheduling and resource management skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated experience using data-driven decision making and performing financial and operational analysis.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to intuitively present ideas and concepts to staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, employees and others.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Adaptable and flexible in complex situations with ability to navigate through conflict with positive outcomes.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Up to 50% travel
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in business analysis for manufacturing, print production or warehouse management
- Experience in lean or kaizen principles and disciplines
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.