Software Architect (R7218)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking a Software Architect to join the Venture Solutions team! This role will be responsible for coordinating the SDLC lifecycle processes for our next generation document composition platform. This position will be the champion to transition the development process to an Agile Scrum methodology. This includes working with our clients, technical sales resources, and business leadership to understand what functionality is required in an enterprise CCM platform offering, and how to architect the solution in a scalable and efficient to implement manner.
The successful candidate will have 15+ years of experience in automated document production. The candidate must be comfortable leveraging resources from within their own team, the staff within the corporate infrastructure, members of Venture operations and service teams, and team members of their peers across the Venture organization to accomplish mission critical objectives. Experience with digital print, 100% mail production, and effective utilization of globally located developers are big pluses.
Direct reports to this role will include:
- Product software developers
- Product DBAs
- Product scrum staff
- Product development QA staff
Matrixed resources working closely with this role will include:
- Implementation software developers
- Composition & templating specialists
- Document QA resources
- Technical support staff
- NLTD resources
- Ability to lead and drive technology staff to enhance and evolve the existing NEPS NSite system to be the core CCM system offering for Venture Solutions’ clients
- Partner with the NEPS NSite Architect to understand existing system design
- Architect next generation platform services using Microsoft VB.Net, SQL, C#, and .Net tools to create mission critical CCM infrastructure supporting 900+ client solutions
- Ability to utilize Jira instance for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management functions
- Ability to guide the transition from one-off legacy applications to platform infrastructure
- Capacity to keep complex efforts on schedule by anticipating potential delays and responding proactively to mitigate issues
- Ensure staff have a visible project list with milestones and dates
- Confer with staff and corporate technical contacts regarding system design and methods to resolve existing system issues
- Plan, coordinate, and implement information security measures and secure development practices to protect client data, production information, and the IT infrastructure
- Manage staff and budget
To be successful, the role requires the following skills and abilities:
- Proven technical and leadership skills
- Customer service orientation with strong interpersonal skills including influencing and collaboration skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.