Occupational Health Professional, 2nd shift (R6594)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC. We create limitless opportunities for passionate individuals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a 2nd shift Occupational Health Professional located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- EMT/LPN-Provide direct care for team members of the plant according to medical directive and within the scope of practice and regulations.
- Provide compassionate, quality care to the team members.
- Adhere to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc.
- Notify Occupational Health Nurse of any pertinent physical and/or emotional changes in symptoms presented by team members.
- Adhere to health management protocols as directed.
- Participate in health and safety teaching of team members.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with team members to establish confidence and cooperation in health care provided
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local health care providers, and third part administrator (TPA).
- Assist managers and supervisors in identifying appropriate alternate or transitional duty job tasks, which meet team members’ abilities and medical restrictions.
- Conduct all functions within scope of quality care and utilization of cost containment measure
- Provide appropriate documentation of all care provided in a manner that meets legal requirements and provides continuity of care and confidentiality.
- Comply with all requirements of Blood borne Pathogen standard and company policy.
- Promote the development of an appropriate image of the company's commitment for the protection of team member health.
- Conduct all assigned job tasks within legal, ethical and moral standards of care.
- Adhere to HIPAA compliance of confidentiality of team member’s health information.
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, team members, and leadership teams.
- Recognize and act on incidents and safety risks.
- Consistently practice, and enforce safe work habits and drive those habits throughout the organization
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- LPN-Graduate of a state approved practical nursing program or Emergency Medical Technician certification, required
- 1 year experience as LPN or EMT.
- Ability for effective written and oral communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Completed a Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Course (CPR) within the previous year
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Two years’ experience in a food industry; two years’ experience in a production environment preferred
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Ability to walk through complex including any areas accessible by stairways.
- Ability to perform CPR including turning victim to appropriate position, kneeling on knees, giving respirations with protection shield or squeezing Ambu Bag, providing chest compressions as required for size of victim.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds, occasionally
- Ability to assist injured team member into wheelchair or onto stretcher.
- Ability for fine manipulation of hands and fingers.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
About our Company Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune.