Sr. Software Developer (Remote) (R7495)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team to focus on our secure and critical solution product offerings. This critical position will play a key role in designing, modifying, developing, and implementing software applications focusing primarily on data processing using ETL tools, SQL and languages such as C#. This position will define the development life cycle for software deliverables, develop the components, tools and standards required to follow the cycle as well as maintain those components, tools and standards through documentation and code enhancements. This position will assist the project team with the collection of specifications, the development of documentation required for implementing solutions, and provide direction on the development of new applications using current and new technologies.
- Apply established design patterns and Object Oriented Design (OOD) best practices in their design and development of software solutions
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company database[s]. Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Works with DBAs to design, correct and/or modify database schemas including creating tables and defining proper indexes and primary keys based on their entities, relations (normalization), expected volume and distribution of data.
- Develops queries, retrieves, manipulates and displays data from relational databases for the purpose of ad hoc reporting as requested by clients, account executives and other associated staff.
- Use ETL tools to extract, transform and load data from diverse data sources including mainframe.
- Develop and write software’s using C# to store, locate and retrieve data based upon use cases
- Use workload automation and job scheduling software along with managed file transfer software’s for data and file workflow automations.
- Use TFS for source code versioning and code deployment.
- Utilize client data for business purposes and to meet customer expectations
- Assist in code reviews and testing processes, procedures and plans
- Test, debug, and fix problems discovered in usability testing: compatibility testing; regression testing; unit testing
- Develop solutions that support the overall customer program by collecting specifications from and interacting with project managers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Document business processes, rules, component usage including instructions for use, functionality, descriptions and activity diagrams of the system
- Remain current on new technologies and best practices in information technology industry
- Provide business teams with analysis, design, and programming services to modify existing, complex, programs and write new, complex, programs
- Serve as a mentor / lead to other IT personnel
- Participate in knowledge sharing initiatives and corporate initiatives as requested
- Clearly communicate verbally and in written form – articulating complex thoughts and ideas in small or large group settings
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment with various personalities
- Work with limited direction on assignments.
- Stays current with software and industry trends.
- Mentorship of junior developers
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
- 7+ years’ experience in object-oriented design/development using general purpose languages, preferably C#
- 2+ year experience with ETL tools
- 2+ year Experience with workload automation and job schedule systems similar to active batch.
- Proficiency with Java scripts and source code versioning software’s (TFS).
- Experience utilizing various data input and output formats including fixed length data, XML, JSON.
- Exposure to mainframe data processing using ETL is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Data staging and data warehousing with web services is preferred.
- Experience integrating with data Composition software (Exstream, Compart, Solimar, Quadient, etc.), including design, development and implementation of technical solutions utilizing the tool is preferred.
- Ability to handle and keep track of a multitude of assignments at one time
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Keen eye for Quality and process
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Expertise with Windows development environment
- Software design patterns
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive Team Member
We Would Also Prefer:
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages
- Previous print and mail experience
- Knowledge of other composition tools (Quadient, Compart, Solimar, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile development process.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.