Senior Accountant (R8674)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking a professional, highly-organized, and energetic Senior Accountant. This corporate accounting opportunity will support the full cycle accounting process for Taylor Corporation and its affiliated companies. The position will be responsible for various finance and accounting related activities including; booking journal entries, account reconciliations, budgeting, variance analysis and financial consolidations. This position is accountable to identify, communicate and perform accounting best practices according to GAAP. Responsibilities also include significant interaction with Taylor Corporation’s leadership and financial teams.
- Assists in the preparation of the Company’s financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Prepares journal entries and performs account reconciliations for US and foreign entities
- Performs regular analytical assessments of financial data
- Participates in consolidation activities
- Leads and participates in special projects
- Assists in preparing supporting documentation for the year-end audit
- Identifies, communicates and performs accounting best practices as well as identifying improvement opportunities to drive efficiency
- Researches technical accounting issues under GAAP, and assists in preparing policies to support compliance
- Other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required with 4+ years’ accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience with accounting principles and practices under GAAP
- Attention to detail and execution of tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Communicate effectively through written and oral methods in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated competence and excellence in spelling and grammar
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills-forward thinker
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective and efficient time management skills
We Would Also Prefer:
- Accounting related certification such as CPA or CMA
- Advanced degree such as an MBA or MACC
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.