Inventory Control/Materials Handler (R5326)
The 2nd shift Inventory Control/ Material Handler position is responsible for accurately maintaining material for the production line; which includes verifying material received for use and material returned to the warehouse at the end of production.
- Verify Materials received using the documentation provided by the warehouse, then transferring materials with the use of handheld scanner
- Maintain materials for production line
- Ensure all items are labeled and wrapped properly
- Ensure all empty pallets are returned to the warehouse.
- Complete the random reports – these reports are comprised of a list of materials the warehouse will be pulling for production to use the next day (count each item and report it on paperwork)
- Utilize good housekeeping processes
- Utilize effective food safety measures
- Utilize warehouse processes to minimize damage and other areas of waste
- Inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or product description
- Wrap the pallet by circling load with roll of plastic wrap until secure
- Unloading packaging truck, placing materials in the production area using manual pallet Jack
- Housekeeping during and at the end of shifts
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two to five years experience in a warehouse preferred
- General computer experience required
- Ability to withstand being lifted high in the air
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds continually during shift
- Ability to consistently meet minimum production standards and company service levels
- Must obtain proper powered industrial truck certifications during initial training phase
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Ability to operate pallet jack/forklift and other required materials handling equipment (MHE)
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
- The DC environment will include extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical equipment such as forklifts/hi-lifts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the loading areas.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com