Customer Service Account Manager (R8916)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications, a Taylor Corporation company, is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join their team in Dayton, OH! In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with our customers on behalf of the company by ensuring that all customer requirements and needs are completely met. You must convey to the customer a sense of expertise in our products and solutions, as well as be responsible for communicating customer requirements to other teams in accordance with company policies and procedures. In this role, success begins to be measured by how well you improve the profitability and health of your assigned accounts.
In our company, Account Managers are viewed as the go-to person for complex and challenging internal or external scenarios and will develop creative solutions to resolve these challenges. The ability to seek and accept feedback from others while learning to help others receive similar constructive feedback is an important part of this role.
Our Account Managers play an integral part in meeting all company goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team
- Contribute to the company’s goals of achieving cost efficiencies by maintaining high productivity and quality standards.
Our Account Managers are responsible for supporting our company’s vision and mission. Because this role will be in contact with current and prospective customers, you will be in a strong position to influence satisfaction and our company prosperity. Accordingly, this role requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Develops strong working relationships with assigned clients using a variety of resources and techniques including customer quarterly calls, in-depth account analysis, and proactive touches on all areas of business
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, maintaining customer communication, the overall management of the customer relationship, and customer retention activities
- Coordinates with customer contacts, relationship managers, and other appropriate areas to ensure customers are properly serviced, projects are properly executed, and all operational arrangements are in place to service assigned accounts
- Effectively understand customer expectations and employ best practices associated with problem solving, proactive account management, presentation of additional offerings and cross-functional teamwork to ensure we act as the customers’ most helpful partner
- Keeps abreast of new products/services and changes to existing products/services.
- Identifies additional opportunities to provide more products and services to meet customers’ needs
- Oversee maintenance and facilitation of contract terms, new contracts, contract amendments, etc. for assigned accounts
- Review invoices, conduct periodic billing reviews, ensure credits, write-offs and payments are properly applied, and work with assigned accounts to resolve billing questions
- Report on progress and status of assigned accounts making recommendations on continuous improvement and growth of partnership
- Share account insights with the team overall to optimize systems, service levels and development resources and opportunities
You Must Have:
- 4+ years of business-to-business (B2B) customer service experience
- Superior account management skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented, have an entrepreneurial attitude, and excellent work ethic
- High proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, and experience using a CRM tool
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience with contract-related business activities
- Post-secondary degree or in the process of obtaining one in Business or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.