3rd Shift Maintenance Supervisor (R6438)
Prime Pork is seeking a 3rd Shift Maintenance Supervisor at the pork facility in Windom, MN. This employee supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve plant’s key performance goals for overall maintenance performance. This position will oversee the maintenance and repair of the facility and the operating equipment (mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, and plumbing) to ensure continuous, safe, and efficient operations. Effective communication with management/support staff and a continuous improvement mentality are a must for this position. Other responsibilities include: inspects and audits operating machines and equipment for conformance with set maintenance and operational standards and reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities based on business needs and priorities.
- Follow all Personnel Safety and Food Safety policies/procedures, GMP’s and plant rules. Enforce safety rules and practices. Process Safety Management, SOP’s and regulatory related information.
- Directly supervise and manage maintenance employees, including select, train, and coach maintenance employees and evaluate performance against performance requirements, and initiates discipline process when necessary.
- Assign employees to daily tasks of maintaining the facility and production equipment via work orders and follow-up as required.
- Assures all production schedules are met and resolved, assigned employees to daily tasks of maintaining the facility/production work and preventative maintenance are completed in a timely manner. Check critical plant equipment daily.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by issuing disciplinary actions.
- Performs accident investigations.
- Ensure the safe operation of plant equipment and machinery, the safe use of tools and the safety of others working in the immediate area.
- Supervise the operation, repair and maintenance of all equipment involved with a meat processing facility, to include all ammonia equipment, compressed air, dehumidification equipment, steam, cooling systems, air and water filters, plumbing, heat exchangers, water treatment, heaters, level controls and water systems.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair electrical systems, electrical controls, electric motors, pumps, gearboxes, blowers/fans.
- Resolve equipment malfunctions by evaluating performance breakdowns, identifying the root cause, safely repairing the equipment, and taking actions to prevent recurring failures.
- Manage the utilization and operation of the CMMS system to include MRO/Inventory functions.
- Coordinate work with production to minimize outages. Must anticipate plant priorities as situations arise.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements and changes to enhance production and maintainability of the facility and equipment.
- Maintain awareness of employee’s concerns.
- Promote good housekeeping in the maintenance areas and general facility.
- Ensure all assigned work and preventative maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Must be able to document all appropriate records and submittals to meet requirements set forth by OSHA, EPA, USDA and plant management.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Ability to stand or walk for an entire shift.
- Ability to withstand higher levels of noise, dust and odors associated with a pork facility.
- Ability to work in areas of extreme heat or cold conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of team members.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in English/ Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrate the ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Detail orientated, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Previous supervisory experience in a meat processing facility preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following disciplines is preferred: ammonia refrigeration, electrical (up to 480V), mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC controls, compressed air, compressed gases, welding and steam applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the plant’s layout, systems, and equipment.
- Experience working with machine drive equipment, meat grinding and processing equipment and/or screw augers and conveyor is preferred.
Experience in refrigeration, building/facility maintenance and an electrical control system is also preferred.
- Previous experience with basic computer systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP or newer.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About Our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm® is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com.