Shipping and Receiving Clerk (R4445)
Taylor Communications is seeking a Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Clerk for planning and scheduling the timely availability of materials needed to ship and assigning orders per customer expectations, within the Jeffersonville, IN facility. The position is responsible for talent acquisition, training, scheduling and ensuring a safe work environment.
- 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Monday – Friday
- Inspect packaged items for conformance specifications and verifies paperwork for correct shipment quantity, location, and method.
- Compare identifying information with bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Verify that materials received are as ordered.
- Unload, unpack and examine incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and ma correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Input receiving information into warehouse management system.
- Will report directly to Receiving Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience within a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Documented work history of increasing responsibility
- Strong math aptitude related to units of measure and order quantities.
- Ability to lift and handle parcels up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of operations of material handling equipment such as sit-down fork lifts, electric pallet jacks, reach trucks, and order pickers
- Experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and utilizing bar code scanners.
- Ability to work independently, problem solving as needed.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.