Industrial Engineer (R6473)
Responsible for the design, development, implementation and continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes, initiatives, and new capital projects as they arise. These processes will address capacity, quality, safety, budget management, project management requirements and documentation of the business requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement new processes
- Develop and update drawings and schematics of site and process flows
- Determine labor standards and maintain production capacity model
- Contributes greatly to plant wide cost reductions teams
- Participate in productivity improvements
- Maintain ongoing process control through troubleshooting and process improvement investigation
- Regular review of all process and operator instructions for assigned customers to ensure accuracy and conformance to actual procedures
- Developing and updating the layout of new and existing equipment
- Work on the production floor at various tasks to learn the process and understand the products
- Designing product and production layouts on CAD
- Actively participate in safety training and initiatives
- Compiles work instructions and related standards processes and procedures
- Assists the department in the investigation of non-conformance, product failures, customer/consumer complaints and quality incidents
- Maintains a positive working relationship with team members and management in a team environment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Master’s preferred (Industrial, Mechanical, or Systems)
- 3 years’ experience in engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of CAD systems
- Firm understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools and principles
- Displays experience using 6 Sigma
- Ability to collect data and develop statistics to describe equipment and system functionality
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, often on multiple simultaneous projects using excellent time management skills
- Ability to identify root causes
- Excellent project management skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of mechanical or electrical engineering principles
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com.