Sr. Implementation Project Manager (R6745)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications SCS is seeking a Senior Implementation Project Manager to join our Fort Worth, TX team. This position is responsible for planning and managing one or more large and complex technology and business projects as assigned to strict deadlines and quality within approved budget. This includes coordinating efforts of team members across functional areas and 3rd party resources in order to deliver projects according to plan. The successful candidate will have 7+ years of experience in managing complicated technology implementation initiatives. The candidate must be comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure, driving a formal change management process, and providing concise executive level communication. This position is a role for an extremely seasoned project manager capable of juggling the highest profile deliverables with many interconnected inputs and outputs. Experience with electronic delivery of services and print & mail production, are big pluses.
Familiarity with a variety of project management field's concepts, practices, and procedures required. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish projects. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected along with ability to leads and directs work of project teams.
- Establish project scope, vision of success, stakeholder requirements and resource requirements.
- Organize work breakdown structure (WBS) and identify appropriate level of task definition
- Provide progress communication and financials based upon standards defined to team members, stakeholders, sponsors and organization
- Direct multi-disciplined team
- Clear and concise communication across levels of leadership in a matrix organization
- Track all project issues and assigned action items for resolution
- Manage costs against approved budget
- Monitor progress against baseline schedule
- Successfully manage risk including contingency and mitigation planning
- Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule and project plans.
- Work with IT Manager(s), Stakeholders and client services to maintain and enforce Change Management.
- Partner with business and technology leadership
- Lead multiple projects of various types and sizes
- Create and maintain overall implementation process based on identified gaps.
- Create / follow established PMO processes and standards
- Serve as a liaison for IT Manager(s), development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Plan & Track project progress [define sub goals, milestones and tasks, time and resource planning].
- Perform gap analysis between existing, moderately complex solutions and moderately complex target solutions.
- May occasionally work with clients to obtain sign-off for client-focused requirement artifacts.
- Partner with client services and business analyst to elicit business knowledge, such as process flows, business rules and algorithms, from knowledge workers.
- Helps to scope the system, identify potential areas of automation and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Working with IT Manager(s) in managing project personnel responsible for implementation of the project tasks [holds and chair regular works meetings, motivate staff, manage conflicts and crises].
- Mentor, lead, train junior project manager.
To be successful, the role requires the following skills and abilities:
- Customer service orientation with strong interpersonal skills including influencing and collaboration skills
- Proven technical, leadership, and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of SDLC – Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or related field
- 7+ years of experience in IT Project management
- Experience working across Agile and Waterfall life cycles
- Demonstrated success in implementing technology and business process change
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Adaptable and flexible in complex situations with ability to navigate through conflict with positive outcomes
- Can read, understand and create moderately complex standard requirements artifacts, such as Use Cases, Requirements Matrices and Process Maps.
- Proficient with Visio, Microsoft Project and Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of Jira or other similar tools for task management.
- Infrequent Travel to client sites as needed
- No sponsorship provided
We Also Would Prefer:
- PMI certification – PGMP, PMP, PMI-ACP
- Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Master/Certified Scrum Product Owner/Certified Scrum Developer)
- Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Professional)
- SAFe Scaled Agilists
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications SCS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.