Mechanic Technician - 1st Shift (R4707)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Maintenance Technician in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This person will be responsible for machine set up, troubleshooting, and repairs of our envelope converting and other highly technically equipment required to meet deadlines.
- Monday – Friday, 6:45am – 3:15pm, occasional Saturday’s may be required.
- Mechanical repairs and minor mechanical support on all production, support, and facility equipment
- Preventive maintenance on all production, support, and facility equipment
- Operate machine shop equipment including but not limited to the following; drill press, grinders, band saws, hydraulic press, electric and pneumatic hand power tools, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair control systems including relays, switches, sensors and solenoids
- Read wiring diagrams and manuals to make repairs
- Maintain drive systems on machines for both AC and DC drives. Be knowledgeable of motor types and sizes
- Assemble and troubleshoot complex pneumatic systems, develop detailed preventative maintenance procedures, install electrical conduit, circuits, and pneumatic piping with basic knowledge of electrical codes. Disassemble, relocate and re-assemble major production equipment
- Train technicians in all essential functions and most advanced functions
You Must Have:
- Mechanical Certification (Industrial Certification)
- 2+ years of experience with machine maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs
- High degree of mechanical ability
- High degree of analytical and mathematical ability
- Good reading ability
We Would Also Prefer:
- High school diploma or GED
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.