Project Manager (R6429)
Are you looking to grow your professional career in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate professionals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Project Manager located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
- Help create, issue and track status of RFP packages as required
- Analyze and present proposed award packages for approval.
- Develop and prepare contract documents as required.
- Review and track site purchase requests to confirm accuracy of cost coding and identify deviations from estimate
- Collect, review and reformat Subcontract progress invoices before forwarding into system for approval
- Prepare Subcontract reconciliations and Change Order documentation for approval
- Review and approve PO Requisitions ensuring proper coding, descriptions and within budgets
- Create project charters, and project schedules
- Working with Maintenance, Operations department – Develop, update, and circulate installation schedule for project(s)
- Prepare and circulate project status reports related to design, schedule, financial, progress.
- Ensure that correct cost codes are used on PO’s and in turn referenced on monthly billings by trades
- Create and track change order documentation as directed; confirm accuracy of information in Accounting system.
- Participate in project budgeting process
- Work with Project team to review costs to date and projections for a monthly forecast.
- Initiate a draft projection c/w cost to complete rationale for review with Manager
- Help manage design process both conceptual and detailed; following Comfrey Farm Prime Pork SOP for new projects.
- Source potential new sub trades and vendors
- Ensure RFP packages cover off detailed scope definitions
- Anticipate required material deliveries that correspond with construction progress
- Oversee Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Manage relationships and submissions with Authority Having Jurisdiction
- Ensure health and safety procedures are being adhered to
- Work closely with Operations to ensure a smooth transition after project is completed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in a Project Managers role
- Mechanical or Electrical Journeymen trade certificate
- Certification in Project management (PMP, PPM, CMP)
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office as well as an ability to adapt to other software applications, including a Project scheduling software
- Experience in a food production environment
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong focus on food safety and workplace safety
- Ability to lead people by example
- Ability to accept and delegate responsibility
- Ability to display sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to problem solve in an efficient manner with sound follow up
- Possess strong managerial skills necessary
- Possess excellent safety and attendance records.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.