Production Manager, Hot Side, 1st Shift (R6720)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate individuals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of 1st Shift Production Manager, Hot Side located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
When you join our team as a Production Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist in plant production by achieving metric goals
- Prepare hogs for production floor
- Follow direction from supervisor in regards to product specifications (fat, trim, etc.)
- Inspect product
- Wrap, weigh, mark and label processed items for shipment
- Communicate with production team, trainers, supervisors, and all other levels of management
- This position supervises production floor supervisors and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Assist in controlling expenses;
- Meet USDA and OSHA requirements;
- Interpret and enforce company policies;
- Maintain a positive and constructive work environment;
- Assist in the determination of manpower needs and makes recommendations;
- Prepare and maintain prescribed records and reports to ensure that they reflect conditions accurately;
- Solve problems in an effective manner with sound follow up;
- Work with department heads to meet production, quality, yields, goals, and metrics - while at the same time ensuring the maintenance of labor standards and quality of performance and product;
- Inspect and maintain a high degree of competence in the areas ofsafety, sanitation, security, and food safety;
- Manage evaluate and train production supervisors; and oversee all designated shift operations and any other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Director of Operations .
- Other duties include ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies, leading and implementing initiatives, and collaborating with all members of management within plant and corporate as well as with external representatives (customers/vendors).
As a Production Manager, you will be required to have the following qualifications:
- College degree, or equivalent experience, with 6+ years of progressive experience in field of expertise.
- Industry specific manufacturing experience; continuous improvement or Lean manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work with department heads to meet safety, production and quality yields and meet goals.
- Ability to lead people by example
- Ability to accept and delegate responsibility
- Ability to display sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to problem solve in an efficient manner with sound follow up
- Possess strong managerial skills necessary
- Possess excellent safety and attendance records.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.