Systems Engineer (R7690)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a highly skilled systems engineer, preferably with a solid Web / DevOPS background and Linux skills to join our Hosting team.
- Working with your team members, software engineers, developers, and other customers/stake-holders on a variety of projects.
- Managing web server platforms such as IIS, Apache HTTP and Apache Tomcat.
- Managing cloud-based sites/services.
- Securing web sites, web applications and web servers.
- Managing & configuring load balancers and load balanced sites/services.
- Managing DNS servers, zones, records and services.
- Managing SSL Certificates across multiple platforms.
- Managing & troubleshooting security/encryption protocols and algorithms.
- Managing File Transfer Services (FTP/SFTP/FTPS/MFT).
- Managing, troubleshooting and administering Windows & Linux Servers.
- Monitoring and responding to alerts.
- Web security.
- Periodic On-Call rotation.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work on-call rotations.
- 2+ years’ experience in an enterprise environment, ideally performing a Web-Hosting, DevOps or related systems engineering role
- 2+ years’ experience with Server Administration (Linux / Windows).
- 2+ years’ experience with Web Server Administration (IIS, Apache, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience with SSL certificates and related encryption/security management.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Knowledge of key networking and IT Security concepts.
- Knowledge of Azure cloud environments and administration.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP traffic, packet captures and related analysis / troubleshooting.
- 2+ years’ experience with DNS Administration.
- 2+ years’ experience with Load Balancer Administration.
- 2+ years’ experience with File Transfer Service Administration.
- 2+ years’ experience with SMTP Server Administration.
- 2+ years’ experience with troubleshooting encryption protocols and algorithms.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.