Digital Print Equipment Operator (R7462)
Start a new career with us.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is opening a new on-site Digital Copy Center in the Boise, ID area. Taylor is looking for a Digital Print Equipment Operator to handle the end to end production of specific digital print projects.
- Perform end to end production of Digital Print projects. This includes print production, bindery/finishing, packaging, and shipping of the orders to the clients.
- Operate Digital Print Equipment, Digital Front End Servers, and related bindery equipment, in compliance with job specifications and in accordance with company quality standards and procedures.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment, and/or communicate with OEM Service Partners to ensure optimum output.
- Review work orders to ensure correct paper type, print type, finishing specs and quantity.
- Check digital print file to ensure accurate reproduction.
- Visually inspect products for quality.
- Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Maintain knowledge of safety requirements of job and equipment.
- Shift Hours 8:00am – 4:30pm M-F
- OT daily, or on weekends, as needed.
You Must Have:
- 2 years in a Digital Printing environment
- Computer skills required to operate within a Digital Print File workflow.
- Basic mechanical skills to make equipment adjustments or to troubleshoot issues.
- Basic math skills, ability to read a ruler and a strong attention to detail.
- Good reading and ability to communicate.
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have ability to work with very close tolerances
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- High degree of analytical skills
- Good color discernment
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.