Manager Industrial Engineer (R6474)
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, Windom, MN, creates limitless opportunities for passionate professionals in a global business setting. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Manufacturing Engineer Manager located in the community of Windom, MN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume leadership of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Assume leadership and management of your team’s process improvement activities.
- Ensure appropriate response to immediate safety, quality and productivity issues that arise.
- Develop budgets and ensure they are adhered to as approved.
- Ensure compliance to all codes and regulations including the health and safety policy and practices in the delivery of services.
- Lead your team’s analysis of work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as product cost and process flows to determine efficient utilization of all assets.
- Participate in the training and development of other employees within the organization.
- Oversee special product or process development projects.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Diploma of Engineering Technology in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Experience in leading the implementation of Lean initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years leading an engineering team in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- A sharp business sense and the ability to identify business opportunities.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with peers and leadership in a fast paced team environment.
- Proven leadership skills in a flexible, ever changing environment, to achieve desired results.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.