Vice President, Infrastructure & Operations (R2248)
The Vice President, Infrastructure and Operations is responsible for defining and driving the plans to build and evolve our infrastructure technology teams to support Taylor’s plans for strategic growth. This position will provide leadership and vision driving automation of our IT infrastructure leveraging cloud and on premise technologies to support business agility and maximize efficiencies. The leader will be data driven utilizing key metrics to measure internal and external operational level agreements to provide quality, reliable infrastructure; including workstations, servers, network, telecommunication and Service Desk support services.
- Define the infrastructure and technology operations strategy to support the business needs for scalability, growing demand for capacity and associated Quality of service (e.g. performance, reliability and disaster recovery measures). Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Drive the execution on infrastructure and technology operations initiatives and projects to achieve the expected scalability, performance and availability goals, using internal and external resources. Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Support business growth initiatives from an infrastructure readiness point of view by aligning the technology vision with business strategy. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for infrastructure spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement the service, people and management processes necessary for delivering the right set of services at the right level for the enterprise.
- Maintain and present to Executive team on a regular basis support metrics such as critical issue escalations, issue volumes, staff productivity levels, and overall health of software & infrastructure technology.
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies. Prioritize across the business the long-term goals and roadmap for infrastructure technology and operations.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business needs and associated processes and system alterations.
- Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Provide reliable technical assessments of potential acquisitions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years’ experience managing and/or directing technological operations and/or IT engineering teams.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a highly scalable and available on-demand solutions.
- Strong technical background in an environment with a variety of hardware and software, with a concentration in O365, Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, etc.
- Demonstrated success leading IT modernization and transformation for a technology company of comparable size with minimal disruption, especially including global Cloud transformations, as well as DevOps evolutions.
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
- Strong technology leadership across diverse global corporate and executive information technology systems. Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, operating systems, databases, application and web servers, media, and desktops.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, infrastructure, and user support.
- Exposure to business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- General understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Experience managing IT Operations as part of a Shared Service program tracking and allocation services cost on a consumption basis
- Experience with acquisition due diligence and integrations
- Experience with ITSM solutions and ability to align standardized processes and services across each area of service management
- Ability to train and transform employees to current collaboration and communication systems