Quality Inspector (R8388)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions Inc. is seeking a Quality Inspector in Monroe, NC to support and execute quality and process improvement initiatives during the normal production functions.
This position is a working production position with a responsibility to monitor the quality of the products being produced.
- Monday - Friday
- Packages products for final shipment.
- Performs random quality checks as well as final inspection in day-to-day production process.
- May act in an advisory role for other departments on quality questions.
- Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company and/or ISO standards.
- May apply approval or rejection labels once evaluation is complete.
- Minimize down time by reducing production rework and recalls.
- Perform tests and experiments for process analysts or engineers.
- May perform set-up of processing equipment.
- Monitor, audit and provide guidance to line operators.
- Process test runs and prepare records, charts, and graphs of results for presentation to process analyst or engineering to identify problems, inefficiencies or test new products.
- Provide clerical and administrative support related to documentation requirements.
- May audit good manufacturing practices document files relating to the maintenance, repair and calibration of manufacturing equipment in order to ensure compliance with external and internal quality assurance requirements.
- Maintain documentation manuals to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date and available to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain filing of all master documents.
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refer more complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of related / relevant experience to position or specialization.
- Ability to apply basic skills and possesses the ability to develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform standardized duties and tasks.
- Perform tasks to meet deadlines.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Follow all processes, regulations, safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Comply with Company Policies.
- Ability to work overtime if needed (could be during the week or weekend)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Post-high school education.
- Six Sigma Training
- Lean Manufacturing Training
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Venture Solutions Inc. is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.