Entry Level Billing Specialist (R7257)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a subsidiary of Taylor Corporation, is seeking an Entry Level Billing Specialist to successfully support our sales representatives, operation center teams, and our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for working with internal teams and outside vendors to ensure timely and accurate billing of orders for the customers of Curtis 1000. This includes expediting orders, obtaining invoices, customer billing, analysis, and related reporting.
- 1st shift; Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Enter and update postage usage into the postage spreadsheet daily and run monthly postage reconciliation reports and distribute to customers in a timely manner, including reconciling meters, stamps, permit recon, postage liability recon, and tracking spoilage for all postage items.
- Assist with review of past-due postage invoices and follow up for payment as needed.
- Process advanced postage invoices, order stamps as needed for jobs and reconciles the postage checking account.
- Code all invoices for the facility into our accounting software (Lawson).
- Receive/Quote all the PO’s and prepare pre-invoicing and fulfillment billing, including billing of storage for customers.
- Review and update pricing in our order management system to ensure jobs get billed correctly during the pre-invoice process.
- Upload invoices dependent upon the customer into one of four separate systems (Ariba, Coupa, CPX and Oracle).
- Job Costing and Time Sheet corrections for Production work fulfilled by Temp Labor.
- Work on the Jobs Due Report, daily. Update, research, cancel, and communicate with customer service representatives on the status of all jobs on the report.
- Interact with Account Payables to resolve any discrepancies on invoices as well as assisting AR with collection of past due invoices.
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested by Sales and Senior Management.
You must have:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- At least one year of customer service experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Familiarity with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and general comfort with software systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and numerical data.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers, sales representative, and employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data (investigate), establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and negotiate when needed.
- Must be detailed oriented and extremely organized.
- Perform a variety of tasks.
We would prefer:
- Quickbooks knowledge.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.