Sr. DevOps Engineer - Remote Work Available (R7050)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor’s healthcare business is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our core Dayton team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining our development pipelines, testing and deploying automation, and maintaining our servers and services in support of development and production systems that support our healthcare clients. You will use many tools and help Taylor incorporate them into our day to day operations.
- Work with development teams and other DevOps engineers to create new pipelines used to build and deploy our applications
- Introduce new automation technologies and processes to improve the quality and resiliency of our engineering efforts
- Own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools and processes
- Participate in building the roadmap for continuous delivery and deployment in cloud-based (Azure) environments
- Ensure the visibility of applications and infrastructure performance via monitoring, alerting and analytics.
- Create, maintain and improve development, QA and production environments/pipelines for the Taylor healthcare business’s suite of applications both on-premises and when deployed to our cloud vendors
- Work with development, integration, support and IT teams to ensure requirements are met and assist with the development and adherence of standards and processes related to working in cloud and traditional on-premises infrastructure
- Write/modify scripts and programs within deadlines and in conformance to standards
- Recommend and implement security measures to support governance, risk and compliance concerns
- Collaborate with internal peers and management in support of work and project completion
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps tools, preferably in an Azure-SaaS environment
- 5+ years of general IT experience
- Solid understanding of the Microsoft application development/hosting stack, i.e. .Net Framework/Core, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, IIS, C#, etc.
- Strong scripting skills with PowerShell, Bash, Windows Batch, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure service offerings, specifically PaaS offerings such as Azure Web Apps; Azure certifications strongly preferred
- Experience with tools such as GIT, Jenkins, TFS, MTM, Octopus Deploy, Fortify & TestComplete
- Solid understanding and experience with web services/applications, database technologies and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Familiarity with infrastructure/pipeline-as-code and best practices (Terraform, Chef, Puppet)
- No sponsorship provided
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.